Project Life- A week in October and Week 2of 2012-
Today I am going to show you one of my weeks from October 2011. I still have to work on finishing a lot of my 2011 album, but I enjoy doing it so I work on it while keeping up with this current year.
Here is the week of October 10-18, 2011:
This is what a normal week looks like for me. You can click on it to enlarge the picture. I had doctor's appointments and Coffee Delivery for my Keurig (love that thing), dog's both chewing on one bone under the table, Megan praying dress up with Simba and we made Witches Fingers for the first time. This year I hope to get a bit more scrappy with my weeks, but if I don't that's okay too.
Week two of 2012:
Megan riding horse's and a picture of the farm she rides at. We also had a Birthday party, I had lunch with a friend and we picked paint colors for two rooms in the house.
Here is an up close of the left side:
Here's up close of the right side:
This being my third year doing this I still love it.
I decided to participate in Shimelle's Scrapbook Starting Point's. This is the first layout I have made in two years and since my Word this year is "Change", I decided to do a page about me. This will be a layout that I can also put in my album for "Twelve" that I am taking in the category of "You".
Here is a picture of what we were to start with:
This is what I came up with:
I used Crate Paper's "Restoration" Line and I like how it turned out.
Happy Saturday and I will be back later today with December Daily and Project Life pictures.
5) Courtney is doing great in her College Algebra class, Bob is not loving the Theology class he is taking this 8 weeks, but he will walk for his Bachelors in May. Justin is working on his Senior project and is wiring a house at the beach. Megan is enjoying 5th grade and still is in love with horses and riding.
I hope all of you have had a good week and tomorrow is Friday. :-)
Sunday Seven: Starting today I will be doing the "Sunday Seven" each week. I will be listing 7 things that I have done, found or am working on in the last 7 days. I will also list 7 things that I need to do in the next 7 days. Hopefully you will find some great ideas and links in this post as I start on my new adventure in this 'Piece of my Life'.
1) December Daily: Here is the deal with December Dailies. I have done one for the past three years and love the idea. Details on this can be found her on Ali Edwards Blog. My problem with this is my little family of 5 is boring. (It is horrible to say that). So not boring but we don't do much. The past three that I have done none are finished. I got the closest to finished this year and I plan to work on in it till the end of January and then consider it done. I like this years the most out of the three and my foundation pages can be found here. I will post a few finished pages next Sunday. Recap: If I do this again next year it will be on a much smaller scale.
2) Organization: This is going to be the year of Organization and DeCluttering. I have already started in our garage that was full of crap I mean stuff. We called for bulky item pick up and threw out half the stuff that was in the garage. I also am trying to get a hold of the Paper Monster that lives in our house by revisiting my information from taking this great class. Goal: To show here once a week one thing that I have organized.
3) Move More Eat Well: I am participating in this class here by Cathy Zielske. My one thing I am working on this month is to eat meals throughout the day. I have been know to skip meals. A little story behind me taking this class is 3 years ago I quit working at a job in a Dental Office where I was the Office Manager/Financial Coordinator. I worked 6 days on and 7 days off. My cycle was Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday where I worked from 7am till 6:30 pm. Then I was to have 7 days off, but being the Office Manager had me going in on days off and I burned out, so I quit. I did home daycare for about 1 year and then stopped. Then a series of events happened in my life. I tripped coming in the house and cracked a vertebrae in my back (6 weeks pretty much in bed), then this past Spring heart trouble. After a million tests, (not that many but it felt like and and we were glad we picked up secondary insurance) I have Cardiomyopathy. My heart muscle has become weaken and can't pump efficiently. ( I was exposed to a virus while doing daycare that went to my heart). So 3 years and 60 lbs. later I need to get back to a healthy life style and so far it is doing great. Goal: This week working exercise into my day.
4) One Little Word: My OLW this year is Change and it found me in November. I am going to be implementing this word in every aspect of my life, but mostly having to do with my health. You can find out more about it here. Goal: This week I will finish with my January prompts and post pictures here.
5) Project Life: I plan this week to work on my 2011 albums and finish up blank weeks there. I am waiting on my new Core Kit to reach me, I accidently sent it to my parents house, so they are forwarding it to me this week. I have bought the Digital kit here. That way I can print out journal cards here at home so I don't get to far behind.
Project Life is a product and a system created by Becky Higgins. It can be anything you want it to be. The pieces used in my album are available here. If you live outside the US check Becky’s site for more information on sources. View all my posts about Project Life (including all the spreads from my completed 2011 album) here.
Goal: Get pictures up on Tuesday of this week will information on how I am organizing everything this go round.
6) Scrapbook More: To do this I am taking this class Twelve with Stacy Julian. The goal is by the end of the year to have 144 layouts made. Goal: By Thursday show you my first layout for January.
7) Be Accountable: That is why I am posting this list here every Sunday, so that I have Accountability for this.
Side Note: Please follow me with Bloglovin and you can also follow me on Pinterest. I love Bloglovin for my daily blog roll that I go thru and Pinterest is just awesome. If you need and invite send me an email.
If you have hung with me this far, thank you and I am off for movie time with the family.
I am back! This old blog has seen better days and in 2012 it will be a place that will evolve and change as I do. If you look on my side bar you can see a few new things. I am participating in three classes at Big Picture Classes. I am taking One Little Word (my word is Change.), Move More Eat Well, and Twelve. I am also continuing to do Project Life. I have done this for the past two years. This year I will be sharing it here as I progress through the year.
In the next few days I will be posting pictures of the December Daily that I did this year. I have a few more pictures to print and stories to get down this week and then I will have a post on it. I will also give you a little of the background story on my OLW-Change this year. It has already had an impact on my life.
I will be providing lots of links to things I find that are helping me with my journey from the internet and blogs I follow.
I hope this finds you ready to embrace 2012 and make it your best year yet.